What is Automotive Ceramic Paint Coating?
The automotive ceramic paint coating we use harnesses the power of advanced nanotechnology. Each silica (quartz) atom has multiple fluorocarbon molecular bonds, which create a high-density 3D structural coating matrix. Once bonded to the surface of your vehicle’s paint, this coating not only protects the gloss and depth of your vehicle’s finish, it actually enhances it! Once cured, this coating forms a dense, durable coating that protects the paint and retains a high gloss for years to come!
Why Install Automotive Ceramic Paint Coating?
Automotive ceramic paint coatings provide your vehicle the “Wet Look” that lasts for years? Your vehicle stays clean longer and provides years of extreme protection from…
- UV Rays, and oxidation
- Oil and water stains and marks
- Brake dust and iron contaminants
- Abrasion and weathering
- Bugs, tar, iron, dust, dirt, & bird bombs
In short? The paint will not dull or oxidize, surfaces stay cleaner and glossier, and clean up easier! Water spots can be a challenge, but our durable ceramic coating is able to resist natural water stains. This innovative coating resists bird and bug stains, and a variety of environmental fallout! Properly maintained, CQuartz Professional will last for years, all while keeping your car glossier, cleaner, and easier to wash and dry!
Features of Our Automotive Ceramic Paint Coating?
- Hydrophobic – One of the most important features in keeping your vehicle clean is the ability of the protective layer to release water. This coating features a low sliding angle which allows water drops to release easily causing an extreme lotus affect.
- Gloss – It is important to note that proper depth and gloss is achieved with proper correction and polishing by an experience detailer with a passion for what they do. Once this gloss exists, it is only fitting to both protect their work long term and add the enhanced layers of gloss these coatings achieve!
- Protection From Bugs – They come in all shapes and sizes. Many are highly acidic and can wreak havoc on your paint! They impact the front of your vehicle at high speed and as their body’s explode the acidic contents spills out onto your paint. Within minutes it can eat through a layer of traditional wax before it dries and bonds hard to the surface in the heat of the sun. If the bug is highly acidic it will begin the process of etching into your clearcoat in a matter of hours. Each time it is exposed to moisture more acids are released and eventually you have permanent damage to your paint. With this ceramic coating between the bugs and your paint they can no longer cause permanent damage to your paint. To start with the coating is resistant to acids and it’s rare any mark will be left on the coating with reasonable washing schedules. In the rare case a bug does leave something behind you can be rest assured your paint is still safe beneath the coating.
- Easier Maintenance – As we touched on previously: dust, dirt, and contaminants do not bond to the ceramic coating barrier in the way they do to paint with only a coat of wax or sealant applied. Any dirt or dust that does attach to the coating is MUCH more easily removed upon the next wash without having to scrub or clay the vehicle. Ceramic coatings offer dirt and water shedding abilities beyond that of any other products on the market. With the self-cleaning affect provided by these coatings, most dirt slides right off during a wash.
- Fine Swirl Mark Resistance – Waxes and sealants obviously offer no swirl resistance. When you wash, dry, or touch your paint at any time you have the potential to scratch the surface. The scratches we are talking about here are very fine and referred to as “swirls” but as they build up the level of gloss you see as reflections and depth to your paint withers. These swirls refract light away from your eyes which is one of the causes of a dulled appearance to your paint over time. Ceramic paint coatings assist in resistance of these fine swirls when properly maintained and cared for. It should be noted that no coating is swirl proof and it is important to use only high quality wash mitts and drying towels or a blower.
- Protection From Bird Droppings – The most dangerous enemy your paint will likely see in its life is bird droppings. They can vary in level of toxicity but it is well known by professionals that a bird dropping can dissolve wax on contact, eat deep into paint, and leave an etching within minutes. With ceramic paint coating you have a barrier which resists bird droppings and allows you time to discover and remove them so they cannot cause permanent damage to your paint.
- Dust and Dirt Resistance – Anybody that has just waxed their car will tell you – within a couple hours they can see the dust building up on it and after a drive that dust is still there. It doesn’t blow off and it does accumulate on the carnauba wax layer. Polymer sealants are a little better and stay cleaner than waxes however they too allow dirt and dust to stick to them. Compared to wax, dust and dirt retention is lowered up to 80% with ceramic paint coating. Of course some will gather and collect over time but you will enjoy the beauty of your vehicle between washes when protected by ceramic coating where as with other products the paint will look dirty faster.In the air around us and on the highways, all sorts of contaminants attack your paint. Iron particles coming off the brakes of other vehicles can lodge into your paint and allow moisture to penetrate around them. Over time the oxidation process from moisture and sun break down around these iron particles and eat microscopic holes into your paint. Automotive ceramic paint coatings puts an end to this with a thick barrier that does not allow these contaminants to reach the paint surface and are removed much more easily.